Sunday, January 22, 2017

Assorted Scenes From 'Nam

Welcome to season 9 of my very own little corner of the inter webs! I returned from a short trip to Vietnam recently, but haven't had the energy or time to sort through most of the photos, so this set will seem incredibly random, which I will agree is an accurate descriptor.

My trip was awesome despite 1) stepping in a pile of dogshit with my white as snow Adidas sneakers the day after I arrived, and 2) people assuming Anita and I were having some kind of marital problems (because apparently there is no possible alternate explanation for why we wouldn't have gone together).

The trip's main purpose was to attend my uncle's wedding (pictured below), but also encompassed eating too much food and drinking too much beer (I gained 8lbs in my first 8 days there), taking tons of street photos, watching beautiful sunsets, impromptu bottle flip contests, exploring many local markets, and otherwise just hanging out with my relatives. Good times.

Vietnam - Dec 2016-13

Vietnam - Dec 2016-12
Sunset on the beaches of Phu Quoc Island.

Vietnam - Dec 2016-10

Vietnam - Dec 2016-7

Vietnam - Dec 2016-6
Drinking beer the Vietnamese way: warm, with a chunk of ice in it.

Vietnam - Dec 2016-15
Drinking beer the proper way: draft, craft, and cold on tap.

Vietnam - Dec 2016-14
Who knew there was such a selection of interesting craft bia (beer) in Ho Chi Minh?

Vietnam - Dec 2016-16
Because OF COURSE seahorses are for making liquor... right?

Vietnam - Dec 2016-9
Street shooting - a mobile vendor hawks Baos (steamed buns) off the back of his moped.

Vietnam - Dec 2016-8
I can never get enough of the sights and sensory overload of local fish markets.

Vietnam - Dec 2016-3

Vietnam - Dec 2016-4
Thai Ice Cream rolls.

Vietnam - Dec 2016-1
This has to be one of my favourite photos, EVER. My mom (far left) looks like she's having so much fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment